According to new research, in spite of the rough market conditions over the last year that bitcoin awareness, familiarity, perception, conviction, propensity to purchase and ownership have all either increased or improved significantly.
Here are a few numbers and insights about the Bitcoin Mega Trend:
- 48% of people aged 18-34 strongly or somewhat agree that it is likely that most people will be using bitcoin in the next 10 years.
- 27% of people indicated that they are very or somewhat likely to buy bitcoin in the next 5 years.
- 21% of people prefer bitcoin to government bonds.
- 17% prefer bitcoin to stocks.
- 14% prefer bitcoin to real estate.
- 12% prefer bitcoin to gold.
This number even rises more when we look at just 18-34 year age group
- 30% of people prefer bitcoin to government bonds.
- 27% prefer bitcoin to stocks.
- 24% prefer bitcoin to real estate.
- 22% said that they would prefer bitcoin to gold.
In total 11% of all respondents asked owned bitcoin with 20% of 18-34 years age group owning bitcoin. These are just a few highlights. Here is the full version of the report.
Bitcoin is shaping up to be a megatrend in money. Younger demographics are leading in terms of bitcoin awareness, leading in terms of familiarity, the perception is very high amongst these age groups and the ownership rates are going up. All of this is unsurprising considering how on average, the younger users are more familiar with the technology.
Even though this research paints it that young people are flooding into bitcoin, there are a lot of people out there from all different age groups who are invested in cryptocurrency.