Everyone is aware of the impact that bitcoin has marked on today’s world. However, huge the success bitcoin gained in the financial market, more is the mystery about the inventor of bitcoin, Satoshi Nakamoto. Satoshi Nakamoto created bitcoin in 2008 and made it an open source in the year 2009. But Satoshi disappeared in 2010. No one knows how to salute Satoshi, whether he or she or they!
A lot of people in the past has tried to claim that they are Satoshi, however, all the claims have been proved and till date, no one has the identity of Satoshi. In this article, we will discuss 10 reasons why Craig Wright is not the real Satoshi Nakamoto.
1. Craig Wright has not proven the ownership of the private keys of Satoshi. Although he tried to make the non-technical journalists fool by presenting the verification scripts, even any average student using cmd (command line) tools can find out the deception in the verification script that he was trying to show as a proof of ownership of Satoshi’s private keys.
2. Jimmy Song, a famous Bitcoin developer and one of the popular person on Youtube for crypto space recently had few harsh words for the Craigh claims for Satoshi. Jimmy said that he believes that Wright holds zero credibility to be Satoshi and no one should listen to his false claims. He made fun of Wright by saying that Craig Wright is just like a fat kid who falsely claims that have a pretty girlfriend.
3. Even Vitalik Buterin, a famous personality in crypto space denied the opinions of Craig to be Satoshi. In one of his interviews, he said that if he really was Satoshi, he could have proved by a simple private key but he presented a complex and bogus proof to the public to prove that he was Satoshi. He said that he believes that all the claims by Craig are false.
4. Even if Craig was Satoshi, why a person would show the world that he owns million of bitcoin in the cryptographic way of proof so that anyone can easily steal that billion worthy digital coins? I mean just for the sake of proving the identity, why would someone invite the hackers to steal all the bitcoin? This seems completely irrelevant.
5. Craig in his process to prove himself tried to fool all by using two similar words ‘signature’ and ‘signiture’. In his script, at one place he defined as ‘signature’ and while running the script, he used the word ‘signiture’. Anyone can understand this bogus proof easily just by having a careful look on the script that he portrayed.
6. John McAfee, a famous personality in computer programming and McAfee group, publicly denied the claims of Craig. He said the definitely, Craig is not the real Satoshi Nakamoto. He further added that he knew who the true Satoshi is. He has known him from the past. As per him, Satoshi is neither a committee nor the Craig Wright. Satoshi is a single and very intelligent individual.
7. There is no special event for Craig to prove that he is the real Satoshi Nakamoto. If he was the real Satoshi, he could have presented him in the public in the past when the bitcoin was on the peak. Also, when asked about the same in an interview, Craig Wright has no proper answer to it. Why would a person hide his identity when his creation was ruling the world and all of a sudden he would reveal his identity having no special event or reason? This is really not acceptable of Craig’s claims.
8. In one of the papers published by real Satoshi, he mentioned about some age of twenties. If this is taken as the age of Satoshi at that time then, this makes an incompatible age difference between Craig and the real Satoshi. Craig has his year of birth as 1970 and the paper published was in 2009-2010. So, if this assumption of the word twenty and age in a single line to be talking about Satoshi’s age is assumed true, then for sure Craig is not Satoshi.
9. Craig has stopped claiming himself as Satoshi Nakamoto these days after a lot of people cam publicly and thrashed the claims made by Craig. In a recent interview when asked about a question that is he the real Satoshi, he refused to answer directly. He has already been titled as a ‘faketoshi’! Why a person would refuse to accept his own identity even if some people of a society are not believing him? It is very difficult to digest.
10. The same day, when Craig Wright published his fake public cryptographic proof to claim as the real Satoshi and met Gavin Andresen, one news came that Anderson’s commit access to the Bitcoin Core was removed and the core team was concerned that it was probably hacked. This also gives the sign that Craig’s proof was not so much true and maybe someone on his behalf tried to hack bitcoin core accesses to steal some data and help Craig to claim.